RedHat High Availability Clustering (RH436)
Designed for senior Linux® system administrators, this 4-day course mainly focuses on lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This course also helps you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in High Availability Clustering exam (EX436). Following RH436 and passing EX436 is one of the five steps you need to take to earn the prestigious accreditation - RedHat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Clusters and storage - Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies.
- Create high-availability clusters. - Review and create the architecture of Pacemaker-based high-availability clusters.
- Nodes and quorum - Review cluster node membership and how quorum is used to control clusters.
- Fencing - Understand fencing and fencing configuration.
- Resource groups - Create and configure simple resource groups to provide high-availability services to clients.
- Troubleshoot high-availability clusters - Identify and troubleshoot cluster problems.
- Complex resource groups - Control complex resource groups by using constraints.
- Two-node clusters - Identify and work around two-node clusters issues.
- ISCSI initiators - Manage iSCSI initiators for access to shared storage.
- Multipath Storage - Configure redundant storage access.
- Logical volume manager (LVM) clusters - Manage clustered LV.
- Global File System 2 - Create symmetric shared file systems.
- Eliminate single points of failure - Eliminate single points of failure to increase service availability.
- Comprehensive review - Set up high-availability services and storage.
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies
Prerequisites for this course
If you wish to take this course without the exam (RH436) and have not earned your RHCE® certification, you can confirm that you have the necessary knowledge by passing the online skills assessment.
RedHat Certificate of Expertise in High Availability Clustering Exam (EX436)
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in High Availability Clustering exam (EX436) is a performance-based test of the skills and knowledge needed to implement high-availability services on RedHat® Enterprise Linux® using the Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability Add-on.
Title goes here
pace news & events
Earnestly helping students to become Red Hat Certified Linux System Administrators
October 14 2014 was a special day for us at PACE ... more
Red Hat-Linux Training & Lectures Commenced at PACE Institute
Sunday, 6th of October 2013 was a much anticipated day for us at PACE Institute...more
PACE Institute Appointed as Red Hat Certified Training Partner
Red Hat, the world’s topmost Enterprise training certification body for Linux system ...more
Meet the Experts Discussion Series
PACE Institute organized and hosted a valuable presentation and discussion introducing the popular Red Hat...more
Train the trainer workshop for Red Hat
'Train the trainer' workshop for Red Hat trainers was held on the 19th and 20th of Sept...more
Presentation & Discussion on career-building with RedHat Linux
PACE Institute has organized a presentation & discussion by RedHat Consultant... more
PACE Value Plus Professionalsite launch
PACE Institute will offer a "PACE Value+ certificate" to the students who will complete... more
Red Hat 1st batch inauguration
PACE Institute will commence it’s inaugural lectures on the popular Linux system administra... more
PACE Institute new web site launch
PACE Institute launched it's website on September 2 2013. This is a well informative source for prospective students and other interested...more
Value Plus Professional
Enroll with PACE Institute and equip yourself with top professional credentials plus soft skills and values. Become a Value Plus Professional more.
Why PACE ?
- Career-oriented lecturing & Training
- Highly Qualified Lectures
- Affordable Prices
Read more about Red Hat from the PACE Blog
- The technical delivery manager and certification poobah at Red Hat visits PACE Institute
- RHCSA Training - PACE Institute starts a new batch
- "Red Hat Challenge 2013" to be launched with more than 3,400 participants in the Asia Pacific region.
- Are you an Employer? Get to Know How a Red Hat Certified Professional Can Help You!!
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam - EX200 conducted at PACE Institute.